Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Knitting across England - Day 11

Today was a short walk on fairly level ground to the town of Ingleby Cross in North Yorkshire. We arrived at our B&B a little early, but no worries, it was a gloriously beautiful day so I sat on the town green and listened to some flute and harp Celtic music on my phone while knitting on my recent sock project. A couple of  walkers from Australia came and asked me if I were knitting with Merino wool.  In fact, yes, I was knitting with my super wash Merino/bamboo/nylon sock yarn.  I have been creating a simple sock pattern for my Coast to Coast socks. I will post the pattern at a later date.  

Ingleby Cross is named for the stone cross memorial to those who gave their lives in WWI. There seem to be many memorials to what the British term the Great War.  As I view these memorials, I am struck by the sacrifice of these young men for their country.  It seems that every small town was affected in the loss of their young men. 



1 comment:

BetsyInRI said...

That was supposed to be "the war to end all wars" :-(. Can't wait to see the new sock pattern - AND to see what colorways are inspired by your trip.. :-) (But just keep having a good time!!! No thinking about work! ;-)