Thursday, May 30, 2013

Knitting across England - Day 6


One of the treats of the walk is getting to know the other hikers who are along the path. Today we caught up with Andrew, a man from Canada, a woman from Germany, and two women from the US.   We walked together the last ten miles.

I spoke with Diana, who used to own a sheep farm in Vermont. She told me she started raising sheep because her mother was a hand spinner.  Her flock quickly grew from the one or two pet sheep to several hundred.  I shared with her my experience of a hobby getting out of control when I first wanted to learn how to spin.  I told my family it would just be a small handspindle and a bit of fluff. Who would have thought that several years later I would need to move to another home with a full basement to "try" to contain all this spinning hobby has produced!

No comments: